Hampton Roads Seminar on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
How Does the Largest Tax Overhaul in 30 Years Affect You?
Everyone’s talking about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, but how will it really impact you? Come to our complimentary seminar ready to learn about opportunities and exposures, as well as ask questions about your particular situation.
Date and Time
Wednesday, May 30, 2018
8:00-9:00 a.m. (registration begins at 7:30 a.m.)
James River Country Club
1500 Country Club Road
Newport News, VA 23606
Michael B. Mendelsohn, CPA, MAcc, Tax Partner, PBMares
Kasey Pittman, CPA, MSA, Tax Manager, PBMares
What can you expect to learn during the presentation?
- Overview of the Legislation
- Changes to Itemized Deductions and the Standard Deduction
- Planning for the New Tax Brackets and Changes to the Alternative Minimum Tax
- Changes to Deductions for Homeowners
- Planning for Education and Children
- Changes to Estate and Gift Taxation
- International Tax Considerations, including Repatriation Tax
- The Qualified Business Income Deduction (QBI) for Flow Through Entities featuring PBMares’ QBI Flowchart
- Overview of Pass-Through Entity Changes
- Depreciation and Cost Recovery Changes
- New Corporate Tax Rate
- Planning Considerations for Entity Structure
Seating is limited.