Our partners and staff frequently speak on issues affecting our clients and the industries in which they operate. Please check this page periodically to ensure you don’t miss upcoming seminars and events.
To view recordings of our most recent webinars where PBMares professionals were involved as presenters or speakers, visit our Webcast Archive.
Seminar: Advanced Forensic Accounting – Richmond, Virginia
Presented by Artifice Forensic Financial Services, a division of PBMares, “Advanced Forensic Accounting” is designed primarily to influence the way that one approaches and thinks when analyzing financial records in the course of a financial investigation. This is an improved and appropriately modified course that was used to train new FBI Agents at the FBI Academy, many of whom had no prior investigative, audit or financial experience. In 2013 and 2014, the Securities and Exchange Commission engaged us to teach this course to its Enforcement Examiners and Examiners in 7 of their 11 Divisions.
Date: Monday, May 4, 2015
Registration and Breakfast: 8:30AM – 9AM ET
Course: 9AM – 5PM ET (lunch will be provided)
Where: Troutman Sanders Building, 1001 Haxall Point, Richmond
Cost: The cost of the course will be $320 if registration takes place by April 27. After that date it will be $350.
This live training event qualifies for 8 hours of CPE and space is limited to 36 attendees, so sign up now!
After completing the course, attendees will be able to:
- Build a profile of a person through financial records analysis;
- Better identify assets and liabilities;
- Recognize red flags of money laundering activity;
- Recognize, document and follow leads of further investigation;
- Recognize information that a law enforcement client would need to know immediately;
- Create a report of analysis;
- Know and apply the 10 steps for collecting, organizing and analyzing financial records and;
- Understand the necessity of using proven scientific methodologies for financial record analysis in a litigation environment.