For Immediate Release
Contact: Nina Ullrich
757.873.1587 or email@example.com
PBMares Cares is Firm-Wide Volunteer Effort
Newport News, VA (December 28, 2017) – More than 125 PBMares employees volunteered on-site at 10 charitable organizations December 8 and 15 as part of PBMares Cares. #PBMaresCares was started in 2016 for employees to volunteer together and make a stronger impact in the communities in which they work and live.
Duties included stocking food pantries, organizing clothing at shelters and even preparing and serving a holiday meal for the homeless. The organizations helped in each PBMares community include:
- Baltimore – Baltimore Outreach Services; Cold Weather Shelter in Westminster
- Fairfax – Embry Rucker Community Shelter
- Fredericksburg – Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank
- Harrisonburg – Blue Ridge Area Food Bank
- Newport News – Virginia Peninsula Foodbank
- Norfolk – Southeast VA Foodbank
- Richmond – Chesterfield Food Bank
- Warrenton – Fauquier Fish
- Williamsburg – Grove Christian Outreach
This annual event is one of the many ways PBMares Cares throughout the calendar year. Staff members give back to their respective communities through volunteerism, charitable giving and sponsorships, civic leadership and professional leadership. Especially at the holidays, there is an increased need in the community and a stronger desire to do something small to make a difference.
Photo Caption: PBMares employees smile for the camera at the Virginia Peninsula Foodbank after helping donate enough food for 129 meals and before volunteering on-site.