Planned giving isn’t just about donors leaving money to a charity in their wills. It’s about donors incorporating giving into their overall financial plan and fitting it in with their overall goals in life. In an era of higher estate tax exemptions, lower interest rates and global uncertainty, how do charities keep high dollar donors interested in giving to their causes?
Leaders from charitable organizations need to fully understand their donors’ interests and intentions, and see the giving process from the donor’s point of view. PBMares can help you develop that insight and encourage your donors’ generosity in the webinar A Board Member’s Guide to Charitable Giving Strategies.
This webinar is designed for not-for-profit board members.
- Why it is important to view charitable giving as part of a lifetime financial plan
- How the structure of a gift can benefit the organization, as well as the donor
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of today’s planned giving options
- How the current estate and income tax environments affect donors’ plans to give
- Which charitable giving strategies work best for which donors and why
Presenter(s): Louise Clayton-Kastenholz, CPA, Manager, Estate and Trust Taxation