Kevin Humphries provides outsourced CFO consulting services and other business planning support.
In addition to his CPA, Kevin has received the designations of Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) and Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA). For several years, he has been recognized by Virginia Business magazine as a Super CPA in the Assurance Services category. He is also a sought-after speaker on topics associated with managing exempt organizations and is an adjunct accounting instructor at a large area university.
Kevin was introduced to accounting when he took a bookkeeping class in high school and became hooked on the way numbers paint a concise, logical picture of a financial story. He loves helping his clients solve problems or pursue opportunities, as well as helping to develop the next generation of accountants. Whether through profit enhancement, intangible improvement or greater understanding, he gains immense satisfaction from making a positive difference.
Outside of work, Kevin is actively involved in his local community and volunteers for the local food bank. He contributes his professional skills by serving as a board member and finance committee chair for Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community, as well as board member and treasurer for Camp Overlook Ministries and Mariners Village Condominium Owners’ Association. Over the years, he has coached more than 20 youth sports teams.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former member, Technical Standards Sub-Committee, investigating potential violations of professional standards nationwide
- Member, National Peer Review Committee
- Qualified reviewer, Peer Review Program
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Past chair, Peer Review Committee
- Past chair, Professional Ethics Committee
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts