Maura is a licensed CPA in both Maryland and Virginia. She assists clients meet their financial reporting requirements by providing assurance and accounting services, including audits, reviews, compilations and internal controls. Beyond assurance services, she is well versed in business and individual income tax. Maura is a skilled communicator which she uses to build client relationships and to serve as a communications facilitator.
Maura has always loved numbers. Her passion for them was driven by her second grade teacher. Her chosen career was revealed in fifth grade when she wrote in her yearbook that she wanted to be an accountant.
Maura loves interacting with clients and staff. She is honored to have a hand in helping both grow from a business and a personal standpoint, respectively. Her commitment to the profession and the financial success of her clients has earned her the respect of those around her. The Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants, or MACPA, aptly nominated her for a Women to Watch award which honors the achievements of women in the accounting profession.
Maura loves spending time with her family which includes her son and daughter. An involved parent, she serves as board member and secretary of the Parent Teacher’s Association for her son’s elementary school. When the family wants to get away, there’s a good chance you will find them at the beach in Ocean City, Maryland.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Leadership Montgomery 2019 Core Class
- Bachelor of Business Administration from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Master of Science in Accounting from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia