PBMares Announces Acquisition of New Bern and Morehead City Offices
PBMares, LLP, a Top 100 accounting and consulting firm, is expanding its geographic footprint with the addition of two RSM US LLP (RSM) North Carolina offices. The firms have entered into a definitive agreement for PBMares to acquire substantially all the assets of RSM’s New Bern, N.C., and Morehead City, N.C., offices, subject to certain terms and conditions. The parties anticipate the transaction will become effective as of the close of business on December 1, 2020, at which time the New Bern and Morehead City locations will join PBMares.
PBMares CPAs and Consultants is headquartered in Newport News, VA, with offices across Virginia, Maryland, and Northern Virginia. The New Bern and Morehead City offices will add more strength to the Firm’s suite of existing assurance, tax, and advisory services.
“We are pleased to welcome the New Bern and Morehead City teams,” said PBMares CEO Alan Witt. “Their commitment to client focus and priority in building meaningful, enduring relationships is perfectly matched to our long-standing client-centric culture at PBMares,” added Witt. “We have enjoyed a rich relationship with the RSM offices as a member of the RSM US Alliance and are confident that will continue.”
The combination will add 46 people to the PBMares roster which includes four partners–existing lead partner of the two offices Jeff Williams, and new partners to the Firm Robbie Bittner, Tracey Dail, and Charles Dean Smith. The acquisition represents the initial entry into North Carolina for PBMares.
“We took great care in considering the opportunity to join PBMares, with the right fit for our New Bern and Morehead City clients and people as our highest priorities. Our shared client service philosophies, service offerings, and firm culture combine powerfully for a great new relationship as we continue serving clients in these markets,” said Jeff Williams.
The teams will continue to operate in their existing North Carolina offices: 3621 John Platt Drive in Morehead City and 3120 Wellons Blvd. in New Bern.
The RSM US Alliance is an affiliation of independent accounting and consulting firms in the United States.
- PBMares, LLP has more than 300 staff serving both domestic and international businesses from 12 offices in Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina.
- PBMares represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- PBMares has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, financial institutions, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, not-for-profit, real estate, restaurant, retail, state & local government and technology sectors.
- For the past three years, PBMares has been ranked a national, Top 100 firm by Accounting Today and Inside Public Accounting.
- PBMares has been serving clients for more than 55 years since its founding in 1963.
- As an independent member of the RSM US Alliance, the firm can leverage the resources of more than 75 member firms in over 38 states and the Caribbean.