Neena Shukla has extensive experience leading and managing assurance and consulting engagements, with a deep background advising on SEC compliance, mergers and acquisitions due diligence, revenue recognition, stock compensation, employee benefit plan audits, cybersecurity, fraud and forensic accounting. Her background includes working with varied types of businesses with a focus on government contractors, including those in the technology industry. In addition, she has clients in construction, real estate, not-for-profit, healthcare and manufacturing sectors.
Several special certifications add to Neena’s knowledge and allow her to provide clients with deep insight to help them perform at their peak. She has earned the Government Contract Accounting Certificate demonstrating her understanding of the unique accounting-related rules, problems, practices and demands of government contractors. In addition to her CPA license, she holds credentials as a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) and Forensic Certified Public Accountant (FCPA). In addition, she is a peer reviewer of employee benefit plan engagements for the AICPA’s Peer Review Program. Evidence of her commitment to the industry has been noticed by her colleagues as she has been named a Super CPA by Virginia Business magazine for her work in the Assurance category.
Neena embraces new technology, and is a committed volunteer in the community with various organizations focused on empowering young individuals to pursue careers in STEAM, science, technology, engineering, art and math fields. In addition, she chairs annual and quarterly nonprofit events for a local cultural organization and volunteers with a food pantry in Loudoun County.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- VSCPA Education Foundation
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Government Contracting Committee
- Employee Benefit Plan Committee
- Not-for-Profit Committee
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- National Contract Management Association
- National Defense Industrial Association
- Women in Defense Capital Chapter, Board Member
- Women In Technology
- ISACA (formerly the Information Systems Audit and Control Association)
- Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce
- Business Women of Loudon (BWOL) Committee Member
- Government Contracting Committee Member
- Loudon Technology Coalition
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Accounting from the University of Wales, United Kingdom